Diversity and Inclusion program
Reducing risk, increasing innovation, and helping your people thrive
with a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
Diversity and Inclusion program
Research continues to reaffirm the strong business case for D&I in corporate leadership and organizations. It demonstrably leads to a better working environment, from employee commitment and staff retention to deeper trust and untapped talent, all driven by a wider variety of different perspectives, knowledge, and skills.
However, organizations at all levels struggle to translate findings and initiatives into actual behavioral change and reach their D&I targets, often because the focus in traditional initiatives like diversity training lies too heavily on trying to change people’s minds. Instead, it’s more effective to change the systems and environments in which decisions are made.
With our D&I program, we help you create the culture and context in which your people thrive in a diverse workforce and inclusive environment.
Why Diversity and Inclusion?
What are the benefits of Diversity and Inclusion for your organization?
The Business Case for Diversity & Inclusion
Nearly half of fortune 500 companies have appointed a chief diversity officer responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive culture, and have demonstrated the potential of D&I:
- Recruitment: 70% of employees state they actively look for companies that endorse D&I
- ROI: Organizations that promote D&I are 35% more likely to have better financial returns
- Innovation: Organizations that embed D&I see increases in innovation of up to 20%
Depending on your unique situation and needs, we will identify, design, and implement the change interventions that will most directly impact the metrics and goals you want to achieve.
Our change methodology
As with any impactful organizational and behavioral change, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives benefit strongly from a behaviorally informed approach. This is where our evidence-based, design-led methodology comes in:
1. Behavioral Strategy: We co-create a clear plan of action informed by brain & behavior insights to map the goal, scope, priorities, risks, and metrics.
2. Behavioral Insights: We identify the changes needed to embed Diversity and Inclusion in habits, behaviors, and processes throughout your organization.
3. Behavioral Design: We design a set of science-backed interventions that will help you achieve the desired changes in people, process, and systems.
4. Behavioral Change: We ensure positive, effective, and lasting adoption of a culture that is inclusive and leverages the power of diversity.
Diversity and Inclusion program FAQ
We designed this Diversity and inclusion program to help you from start (change strategy) to finish (implementation & hand-over). Here are answers to some of your most frequently asked questions.
The exact length and form depend on your chosen business cases but generally, we work with your project team to drive the Diversity & Inclusion initiative through our four phase methodology:
- Behavioral Strategy
We assemble the project team, define the change strategy, identify success and risk factors, map key metrics, and kick-start the project.
- Behavioral Insights
We facilitate deep dives with your Business Units, perform a behavioral analysis, and adapt our change strategy to the collected insights.
- Behavioral Design
We design custom, evidence-based change interventions for nurturing a diverse workforce and inclusive culture in your organization.
- Behavioral Change
The second half is all about implementing, measuring, optimizing, and scaling the Diversity & Inclusion change interventions.
We decide on the deliverables together based on the scope of your project. You can find an overview of example deliverables below:
- Vision, narrative & leadership to effectively integrate D&I across the organization
- a way to measure the effectiveness of this initiative
- a map of behaviorally informed risks and opportunities
- a collection of D&I-nurturing change interventions
- aligned and engaged stakeholders and change champions
- measurable change in your organizational culture
- an executive briefing and proper hand-over to project team
Our Diversity & Inclusion program is always led by a senior behavioral expert and change consultant, backed by our research and operations team. This approach allows us to provide you with a dedicated contact, specialize the roles in our team, and increase our workload capacity when necessary.
Over the years, we also built a strong network of experienced partners in areas like change management, learning & development, data analysis, and much more. When your situation requires specialized expertise, we can introduce you to quality professionals we’ve worked with before.
Behavioral scientists refer to interventions as a method of changing behavior for the better. We have collected hundreds of science-backed interventions and use frameworks like priorities-habits-systems and COM-B to pick them most effective interventions.
The perfect intervention is low effort, high impact, and clearly measurable in results. Here are some examples of Diversity & Inclusion interventions:
- Communicating an organisational D&I statement that maximizes inclusion in attraction en recruitment
- Debiasing selection and screening by setting up structured evaluation processes
- Nurture and grow D&I among existing employees by redesigning and optimising performance reviews
Only a contact person, clarity on the goal and scope, and the relevant onboarding which we help you set up.
Larger projects will benefit from having a project group and/or steering commission but we will always help drive this during our partnership.
To get started, all we need is for you to involve us so we can proactively help you build behavioral solutions to organizational challenges.
What our clients think
“We have had the pleasure to collaborate with Neurofied on pushing the boundaries of spatial design and cognition, by combining our knowledge and design/analytical tools of architecture, digital service design, cognitive psychology and neuroscience. We believe that these interdisciplinary collaboration will deliver better human-centric design for our built and digital environment”
“Blending brain and behavior with practical application is the game changer. They managed to take people along on the journey. When the going got even tougher they stepped up to drive success.”
“In designing sessions with employees about a growth mindset, Neurofied has shown that they can quickly switch and deliver, think along and adapt their approach based on what is needed and asked, and also with knowledge and sharp insights from behavioral psychology and neuroscience. possess. Moreover, Philip is a passionate speaker who knows how to convince with substance.”
“Neurofied gave us insights into clearly defining our key KPI to prevent bias from entering the analysis. We also learned how to better structure our learnings.”
“The value of Neurofied lies in their ability to create a safe environment that helps all voices to be heard. Their genuine care for the individual made collaboration easy for all stakeholders. From the get-go they really tried to understand the organization, the underlying politics and the intangible elements within the Global Support Plan.”
“Neurofied helped me build the bridge between theory and practice. The knowledge I possess now makes me more credible. It gives me the tools to back-up and substantiate my ideas.”
Bas van de Pol
“Very impressed by Neurofied’s knowledge regarding cognitive biases and their application in CRO.